Tuesday 13 December 2011

Riding on elephants and stuff

Elephants are just too cool, I couldn't resist going for round two! Chang Mai is pretty well known for their markets, food, and elephants. Obviously I wasn't going to pass up the chance to hangout with some very large mammals all day. Early in the morning on Saturday Kyle and I headed out into the jungle for some fun! There isn't much I can say about it other than it was awesome but I think that the pictures speak for themselves. 



On a scale of 1 to 10...how jealous of these outfits are you? Yeah. Thought so. Atleast my clothes didn't get all elephanty. 



 Clearly the first item on the agenda was a massage from Dodo the elephant. He was surprisingly gentle, and it felt surprisingly good.


His next trick was putting a hat on my head. He missed. But he's an elephant, give him some credit. 



And a big old elephant kiss to end the performance

Now for some jungle trekking. If I could choose one word to describe it I think breathtaking would just about sum it up. 




The picture are a bit out of order but blogger was being really frustrating and I don't have the patience to try and fix it. But anyways this is out elephant Boon-Pang, that was a really hard name to say so I renamed her BP, which then turned into Boston Pizza....which then turned into Vancouver Pizza....which then turned in to Canucks, and finally ended up on Ryan Kessler. She didn't respond well to that so I went back to Boston Pizza. 



















After the trek we hopped in the river to was Boston Pizza down and give her a quick scrub. She didn't like it very much because the water was cold...she has clearly never felt the Elk River though.




















Once BP was all clean we got to go white water rafting down this river but unfortunately my camera isn't water proof so we didn't get any pictures. It was really fun though and a great way to cool down. I'll miss Boston Pizza though, I feel like we had a special connection. 

The next day we decided to throw a little culture into the mix and signed up to visit the gold temple in Chang Mai. It is actually on top of a mountain that over looks Chang Mai, but it's close enough. It was spectacular. Again. Nothing I can say to describe it really does it justice, neither do photos but they do a better job than  I can. 






























There has been an extreme lack of commentary in these past two blog posts compared to normal. That is because we all know for my final blog post there will be an annoying amount of words so I am sparing you guys right now and saving it all till then. So enjoy it ;) I really hope you like the pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment