Friday 16 December 2011

Silly me, always forgetting things

So I forgot to blog about the cooking class I went to the other day! Which is silly of me because it was awesome and I don't know how I managed to forget that. Anyways, since Chang Mai is famous for their cooking classes I figured I had to do another one cause I hadn't quite mastered Pad Thai yet. Our day started off at the market where our instructor taught us about the ingredients the Thai's use to make their dishes special. I may have a slight problem cooking these dishes at home because in Fernie we are uh...lacking in the ethnic ingredients department. Did you know there are like 6 different types of basil? I didn't. Thai markets are a lot different from Canadian grocery stores, in our meat section you don't typically see an entire dead chicken, feet and all. Or bags of chilis that weigh a tonne. It was a neat experience though and hopefully I can find some ingredients that are similar and make curry paste from scratch back home...cause I know how to do that now...









Tanita if you are reading this do not look at the next picture












Seriously. How cute are these. I couldn't get over it.




You can make absolutely any Thai dish if you have these two utensils. Christmas and my birthday are coming up....


I could pretty much start my own restaurant. But not actually cause the only things on the menu would be Pad Thai, spring rolls, stuffed peppers and grilled cheese.


These are the ingredients used in curry paste. I would tell you what they are but I forget.


Homemade curry paste! Apparently if you walk by someones house in Thailand and you hear pounding it means a good wife lives there. She is either making curry paste...or doing something else that makes a banging noise...



Massaman curry what upppp


Kyle left to hit up Pattaya for some...beach time....before flying home so I have been hanging out by myself just kicking around Chang Mai looking for ways to keep myself entertained. I have done a lot of walking, seen a lot of temples, and drank a lot of Starbucks. I'm a dummy and forget my camera the majority of the time but here are a few pictures of the temple right by my hotel. I'll bring my camera next time I go out I promise.










Check out all the cool stamps in my passport! See the wear and tear on the edges? My passport has gotten excellant use and will be able to retire with dignity this September knowing it has lived a full and interesting life.


Well that's all. Check back tomorrow cause I'm going to the Tiger Kingdom. Doesn't that sound awesome? Anything with 'Kingdom' in the name has got to be epic. It reminds me of the lion king. Okay bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment