Friday 18 November 2011

Part Two! Yay!

Hello again! How are you? Gooood. Ready for part two? I would hope so. Cause there is going to be a part 3 too, so you should probably read part 2. So where were we? Phi Phi. Right. Yeah. So Phi Phi was awesome. But it was time to move on. So we did. To Krabi! If you have heard of Krabi you probably heard about how amazing the beaches are and everything. Well I did too. But we decided we wanted to do something a little different because we had been on the beach for two weeks already (I know, you can never get too much beach) So we decided to stay in the town of Krabi instead of one of the many surrounding beaches. It was a good choice. We had fun.


The first activity of the day was a fun little field trip to the doctor! Like I mentioned before, I stepped on a rock in the ocean and cut my foot open real good. You would think I would have learned my lesson about rocks in the ocean after Tanita's little episode in Phuket, but nope. This happened. I was against going to the doctor, but Mick was pretty adamant that I needed stitches. Good thing I have a future doctor as a best friend because as you can see, there was a LOT of sand in my cut.



I'd love to say I was super tough and handled the stitches the a champ. But I did not. It does not feel okay when someone sticks a 4 gauge needle into your open wound repeatedly. Not okay at all. There was lot's of screaming. And it doesn't help when Tanita is standing there cringing and telling me how disgusting and painful it looks, and Mick is eating chips....



Once the doctor sticks the needle into the cut and freezes it it's supposed to be a smooth ride right? It supposed to be numb and you don't feel him sticking that big sharp metal wire thing through your skin? That's what I've heard atleast. Cause that was not the case. He didn't feel the need to freeze the part he stuck the wire through so it hurt. Badly. But never fear, he thought he would try again and stick the needle in my cut a few more times. Didn't help. I was supposed to get 4 stitches, but I think because I screamed so much he only gave me 3....



Anyways! Now that I was all fixed up and stuff we could go exploring! But we didn't. Not the first day. I was having a hard time walking around so we just chilled pretty much. We did have some fun with sheet in a bag though. Mick's mom is a genius and found these puppies at a travel store. Seeing as our beds did not come equipped with safe looking sheets, they were a life saver. We were really excited and obviously needed to take stupid photos in them. These are just a few...there are many many more...




Tanita was really jealous, almost to the point of tears, so being the kind soul that I am, I let her in mine.


The next day I popped a ton of pain killers and we headed off to a beach for the day! We just couldn't stay away from the sand and water. It was a nice beach, nothing too fancy, but the atmosphere of Ao Nang was lovely so we were content. 



Out of commission. But it's okay cause who doesn't love sitting on a beach alone while their friends play in the water?  Don't feel too bad for me though. We lied to a nice Thai lady and said we would come check out her restaurant and she gave us free pineapple, so I was happy.





Mick finally indulged. I mean, he had had many different kinds of chocolate sundaes before this, but every time we walked by a Hagen Daas he drooled a little bit. This was a relief for Tanita and I because it was getting awkward having to clean up his drool all the time.



Krabi was cool because there was a night market every night. There were bands and so many shops and disgustingly cheap food. Our kind of place. We hit this place up every night for dinner.



Life was pretty good on Krabi. I could see myself happily living there. Then life got a little bit better. The next day we stumbled upon a temple. By stumble upon I mean it was located right next to the clinic I got my stitches at we were too dumb to see it when we were there. But since everything in Krabi was so chill we figured the monks wouldn't have a problem if we went in and checked it out. 









Alright. Fun is over. Time to go back to Bangkok and be all responsible. Not to worry though, there are still tons of cool things to do there and lots of fun was had. You guys ready for part 3? I promise to blog diligently from now on so I don't have to do this anymore. I don't blame you if you stop reading the updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment