Monday 28 November 2011

No witty name for this post

See...I told you guys I would get back into the rhythm of blogging. Don`t tell anyone...but I just had to google how to spell rhythm after I got it wrong an embarrassing amount of times. So life is pretty chill over here still. Just  trying to find things during the day to keep ourselves busy, like going to MBK shopping center or watching Muay Thai fights.

At night it usually consists of us hitting up Khoasan road. Sometimes we get wild, but usually just to hang out. Since there are so many tourists on Khoasan someone came up with a brilliant way to exploit them...find the cutest little girls they can, give them a bunch of roses to sell, then unleash them on the unsuspecting tourists. As you all know I am a sucker for puppies, kittens, and children. A couple of weeks back when we first met two of these little girls it was because they had exploited some random guys into buying us roses, which is the norm. They go up to a group of people at a table, give highfives, play thumb wars, then convince the men to buy flowers for the women at their table or for random women at the surrounding tables. Since we have been in the Khoasan area for so long we have seen these girls a lot and have gotten to  be best friends with them, they give us candies and have also given Tits and I each a ring. Last week we found out it was going to be Sofi`s birthday on Sunday so we decided that we were going to have a bit of a party. Yesterday we went out and found a banana bread cake,  drizzled some chocolate syrup on it, stuck as man candles as we could on it and took it over to Khoasan. We were sitting at an outside bar waiting for them to show up when we see them come sprinting down the road towards us with huge smiles on their faces.






Sofi is the one in the red. The loved this so much, as soon as she had blown out all the candles they yelled `AGAIN` so we lit them all a second time and she let her sister blow them out. That was closely followed by them shoving cake into Tanita and my mouth`s and giggling the entire time. I asked if I could adopt them. They seemed really keen on the idea.

So that was nice. Today we decided it was the right time to do a Thai cooking class! Probably one of the better decisions I have made in my life. Tanita, Dom, Kyle and I went to a vegetarian restaurant where we would be learning how to make four dishes. Pad Thai, Curry,  Tom Yum, and Mango Sticky Rice. The instructor was adorable, she was so nice...but there was an awkward moment where she sat us down and made us sing a song about yummy food. Once we got past that she showed us the ropes. Thai cooking is so easy! Basically all you need is a handy little wok and this nifty stirfry-flipper-scoopy-utensil. I can`t wait to cook all this stuff at home cause it`s so fast and sooo yummy. Maybe if you ask me nicely, I can make you some Thai food.











I have something for you guys to check out. It`s Sasha Zaitsoff`s blog. If you are like me you may have been wondering why this is the first time you have heard that Sash has a blog, but he is shy and has kept this gem a secret. Even though it is mostly pictures, Sash`s personality really seems to shine through so for those of you who know him well might be able to appreciate it a tiny bit more. For those of you who don`t, or have no idea who Sasha is (you should, he is going to be famous very soon) you should still check it out because he has some really neat photos up. Hopefully through the ski season he will give us some words to read so we can keep up with his season, don`t forget to look out for him on the world cup circuit!

http://www.sashazaitsoff.com/

2 comments:

  1. I have just had the pleasure of catching up on your latest blogs. You are an amazing, whitty, kind, together young women. It has been our pleasure to follow you around in Thailand - you are full of suprizes. Although Mick has returned home you have not missed a beat with your adventures. We are thrilled for you and as each days passes you meet new fun friends, try new things and as is obsvious by the beautiful smile in all the pictures, are having the time-of-your-life. When we visit Calgary I will look forward to one of your Thai meal. Love to you Tanita. We feel like we have known you for ever. BAM & Dave (Mick's grandparents).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you guys so much! I love hearing from you, it really makes the difference knowing people are out there supporting me. It has been sad without Mick, I miss him but all I can do is keep trying new things. I made the decision to come home yesterday so I will be flying home on the 21. I still have 3 weeks here and I am certainly going to make the most of it! I also look forward to meeting the faces behind all the love!

    ReplyDelete