Tuesday 4 October 2011

Day 3 was a good day



I'm not a hundred percent sure,but today could have been one of the most fun days ever. (10 points for correct grammar. Funnest isn't a word right Alan?) Woke up to a little bit of rain here, which made the air 4 times more humid than it already is...which is really darn humid in case you were wondering. I will admit that it is kind of hard to motivate yourself to leave the nice air conditioned hotel room and go out into the muggy weather when you just know you are going to be uncomfortable for hours on end. But I think Buddha was on my side today because I was researching stuff to do in Bangkok and I came upon a little gem called Ocean World. My friends, I think I might have found heaven. It is the largest indoor aquarium in Southeast Asia and for those of you who know me well know that I am a sucker for Disney oceans, so obviously I had to go. I finally convinced Mick that this was a way better idea than going to see the floating market, and away we went. As we were leaving our hotel we ran into a couple of Canadians who are also here to teach English and convinced them to come along. We became insta-friends. These kids are super cool, funny, and best of all, didn't even think twice when I asked if they wanted to come to Ocean World. They even joined in an "Ocean World" chant as we were jumping onto a moving bus. The driver didn't feel the need to stop to let us on, but he was considerate enough to slow down. Here are a few photos from our day. 



These are our new friends Michelle and Matt. Michelle is reeeeeally pretty. This picture doesn't do her justice,



The dodgiest bus in Thailand. Welcome aboard.

I'm sure you have figured it our by now but getting anywhere in Bangkok is quite the adventure on it's own. We literally shared a group highfive after this photo because we figured out how to buy sky train tickets. We're from Canada.



 A big stone something guarding the entrance to the Siam Paragon mall. I think it's the 3 biggest mall in the world or something. It was big. Ocean World was located underneath it if that gives you an idea.

Penguin pose. Getting stoked. Can almost smell the fish.....hehe

 
You know Ocean World doesn't mess around when this is the first thing you see when you walk in. This baby was like 3 feet tall. But I didn't stick around much longer because it looked like a giant spider and I was not down with that.

I don't know where they found all these weird sea creatures but we were loving it. Time for another Ocean World chant?

Pineapple fish!

 Shark!!













3 magical hours later and we are ready for some ice cream. Thanks Ocean World. It was a slice.




The dealerships in Siam Paragon: Lamborghini, Lotus, BMW, Porsche, Maserati...and that's all we saw cause Michelle and I got bored of looking at cars and wanted to go look at Chanel and Yves St. Laurent instead.


I know I know I know. There was a lot to read in this post. But I don't think you guys understand how excited I was for Ocean World. Really glad to have made such cool friends today. Should make exploring the city a little more interesting. Met a few more people at night here who are also in our course. They are all from South Africa and hilarious. But our course starts tomorrow and I should get some sleep. Thanks for caring.

1 comment: