Tuesday 25 October 2011

Never get enough beach

Holy Moly Mi Oh My. Where to begin. Seriously. So right now we are in Bangkok. But if you guys are mature and watch the news you will know that the situation in Thailand is looking preeeetty bleak. The government has decided that they are basically going to shut Bangkok down as of 10 am tomorrow morning. No buses, no trains, no banks....and all the 7/11's have run out of water. Not good. Soooooo. Yeah. Our whole situation is a little bit on the dodgy side. But before all this happened we had an awesome time in Pattaya! 

We met back up with our friends at Jomtien beach in Pattaya after a one night stand with Bangkok. I was so excited to see our South African friends again!


Car snacks are a necessity for any bus ride right? Yeah. If you're in a foreign country you should probably check the package before you buy some. Don't just assume that when you buy a package of peanuts there wont be 'seasoned anchoveys' mixed in with said peanuts. I guess I should have spent more time in school learning how to read....





Pattaya is one of those super famous tourist places so of course there are going to be tons of bars. This is walking street, where there are a whole bunch of different themed clubs, street vendors, ladyboys...and the unsuspecting victims of The Greatest Game Ever Invented.... but we'll get to that. First, some giant lobsters!



Huge.


Tanita just catching an early show before a night out. The girl has got her priorities right.




Dinner!! So much corn! And it's soooo yummy. I think corn tastes better over here. Maybe not though because corn is awesome everywhere.



 The gang...partially.



And now the moment you have all been waiting for, THE GREATEST GAME EVER INVENTED! Tanita and I should probably patent this game cause we would make millions. 

The objective: to get your photo taken with complete strangers. 

There are two ways in which you can play this game. The first, walk up behind strangers and get close enough for it took look like you are apart of their group, or you are good friends with the individual. Be sure to look like you are engaging the strangers in conversation so the photo seems more legitimate. 
The second, walk up to a stranger with your camera, throw your arm around them and take a picture with them. If they pose...even better. 

**NOTE: Bonus points are achieved by jumping into strangers photos that they are taking of their spouse, friend, children, or ladyboy. People seem to enjoy this. 

ENJOY!!!!


The girl in the long dress cracked a really funny joke by the looks of things.




Best friends forever.



Mick didn't seem to be able to grasp the concept of the game fully. By that's okay. He tried.




This ladyboy was pretty smart, realized what we were doing, and had the courtesy to stop and take a picture with us. We love her.




We seriously played that game for hours. But soon everyone got tired and we called it a night. We had big plans the next day. We decided to jump on a ferry and head to an island for the day. The ferry ride was awesome, minus the engine blowing up just a little bit halfway through and pretty soon we were in clear water and on white beaches. For the first half an hour all any of us said was OMG I LOVE THAILAND. Then we realized we sounded like uber tourists and played it cool for the rest of the day.






Mick and I doing our typical model shoot. Mick is always so much better at it that I am.... I don't know why...




Our set up for the day. I can't even describe it.



Snorkelers!!

My friends are so cooooooool



Not sure what is going on here. He stood in this position for 45 minutes without moving a muscle....you guys should thank me for not taking a photo from the front...not okay.



The sand castle Matt and I built. I guess it's just your average sand castle. There's a main house, the circle in the bottom left hand corner is the fountain of youth, above that is the servants quarters, above that is the weaponry storage, beside that is the agricultural fields, and further to the right is the standard brothel...I mean, we are in Thailand. 




This is how much water accumulates in 15 minutes of raining. I guess that's why everyone is freaking out.




I feel like I keep ending my posts with this, but, I'm not sure where we are going to end up in the next few days but I guess I'll keep you posted. Man, I'm getting even more adventure than I had bargained for. AND I LOVE IT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment