Wednesday 12 October 2011

I suck

Hi friends!! I know I know I know. I suck. I have really been slacking on the blogging. There is no excuse. Let me fill you in.

The past few days have been a little hectic. A few nights ago I went out with some friends to experience the Bangkok night life. Mick had been feeling sick for a couple of days so he opted to stay at home and go to bed early. It was a great night...eye opening. Bangkok doesn't mess around when it comes to night clubs.

We were in a taxi on the road in what looked like a normal street, but when we came to a stop we looked down the side alley and saw this. I don't even want to know how much the electricity bill is.



Good times were had by all, except for Mick, who ended up getting reeeally sick....all over our room. It's a nice thing to come home to someone puking all over your pillow. So off to the hospital we went! It was a long night. Mick got taken to the emergency room and got all pumped full of drugs then passed out for a nice three hour nap. I, on the other hand had to fill out form after form and spent atleast 45 minutes trying to explain to the receptionist that Mick hadn't been drinking. Finally they understood and determined that Mick had a stomach infection and would be good to go after a couple more hours...then they gave me more forms to fill out. 5 hours later we were on our way. I was not exactly a happy camper at that point because it was 5:30 in the morning and I hadn't slept at all yet. But on the plus side Mick was still dopey from the drugs and was proving to be pretty entertaining. It took him a few days o recover but he is feeling a lot better now. 

I think I mentioned before that we were staying in a ghetto part of Bangkok and after 10 days there it got pretty old. So we have moved to the most baller hotel in the world. No big deal or anything. Agoda is my new best friend (sorry Jord) and we found a great deal on the Siam City hotel. Here are a few pics so you guys can see what I'm talking about. 









Every pool in the world should have eight waterfalls. It should be a rule or something.





As wicked awesome as this hotel is tonight is our last night and tomorrow we are moving on to something a lot less awesome. But that's okay. This was a nice little vacation and I think it was better for Mick to be in something more comfortable while he was recooperating. 

I have been getting asked about the floods a lot but to tell you the truth, I don't really know what's going on. We didn't have access to any tv in english so we hadn't even turned our tv on in our last hotel and subsequently we didn't see the news. I didn't realize there were any floods in Thailand let alone the worst floods they have had in 50 years. But I did notice it had been raining a lot...so know I know. I have been informed that the floods are supposed to hit Bangkok on Friday. I don't know what that means really. I don't know how much it will rain and the effect it will have on the city so I guess I will find out. I've been told that it doesn't get too bad in Bangkok though because they are used to it and have a bit of a system figured out. So nobody panic. We will be okay. 

I would like to thank you all for reading my blog. It makes me feel really good hearing you guys all enjoy it and it warms my heart know I have such awesome friends who are interested in what I have been up to. You guys rock! Don't ever change. I hope you all had an awesome thanksgiving...I was missing home a bit this past weekend...they don't do turkey dinner over here. Anyways. Love you all! Later alligators!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mackenzey, Thanks so much for taking such good care of Mick. It really sucks when you are sick away from home. But Mick was lucky to have a good friend like you to help him through. You are meeting some interesting people and by the time you get back home, you will have many many new pen pals. Much easier today to have pen pals, we had to hand write them so they didn't last too long (sounded like a good idea at first then it became too much work). You both both have a great sense of humour. I really believe you will be a Journalist some day. LOL Hope you are getting our comments. Can't wait to hear your next adventure.

    Love, Betty-Ann & Dave (or BAM & Ruggy)

    ReplyDelete