Saturday 1 October 2011

WE MADE ITTTTT

Finally. It was a long day, 24 hours of travelling, 3 different flights, 5 movies, a pretty cool layover in Tokyo, and we are hereeee. So far Thailand is pretty darn sweet. They weren't joking when they said it was hot though. 30 degrees at 6:30 in the morning with cloud cover...I think it's going to get even hotter. But I guess I should start from the beginning.


I had a great last night in Canada!! My lovely adopted family, my dad, and I went out for dinner at an Italian restaurant which proved to be entertaining as always. Sadly my mommy wasn't there to join in the festivities :( After dinner Mick and I dipped to do the most Canadian thing possible on our last night....a hockey game! My first ever!....not including Ghostriders..sitting in the 4 row at a flames game is a little different than 4 row at a riders game....
Couldn't ask for a better surrogate fam damily
An appropriate way to spend our last night.

                                                              You look pretty today Mick

And then the travelling begins. I think I seriously underestimated how long of a day it was going to be, and I didn't think the jet lag was going to be that bad. Rookie mistake. The fact that we had to take 3 different flights probably should have been an indicator...


Mick was really looking forward to it.....


But the good news is that saying goodbye to my dad wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I guess because it didn't really seem real that I was going halfway around the world for 7 months. I will miss him lots, mostly because of his crude and inappropriate jokes....


After our not so tearful goodbyes Mick and I were on the plane and ready to go!

When you are travelling for 24 hours you will take whatever food they give you...and you'll like it
 I don't understand how they can make pasta taste different. But they did.

5 movies, 4 episodes of modern family, 3 episodes of big bang theory, and a dance party. Recipe to kill time. You're welcome.

Uhmm.....okay....as long as we get there safe I guess....


We made it to Tokyo! Which was a pretty cool experience in and of itself. We got off the plane and practically ran to the closest sushi place we could find. Something everyone must do before they die, eat sushi from Japan. Unreal. So fresh I think they had a tube going from the restaurant right to the ocean. Mick and I really appreciated being able to stretch our legs and hang out a couple of minutes before our last flight. We were still feeling pretty good at this point, not too tired even though we had been awake for some ridiculous amount of hours.


But then it hit us hard. Final stretch of the day and we were hurting.

The flight from Tokyo to Bangkok didn't offer any entertainment so we took the opportunity to grab a couple hours of sleep finally.

And we're here. Safe and sound. Still wondering when it's going to sink in. We have only been here a few hours and I already love it. The city is amazing. So much to see! Everywhere we look we see something new and exciting. It is going to take some getting used to but figuring everything out is just part of the fun. And it helps when you are with someone who has a great sense of humour and thinks its funny when neither of you can figure out how to turn on the electricity instead of getting frustrated. Well. That's all for now. We are going to venture out to the city now and take a look around. Thanks so much for reading! See ya around.

No comments:

Post a Comment