Thursday 13 October 2011

On the road again.

Yep. We have changed hotels yet again. We have been checking out different parts of Bangkok and booking into hotels in varying degrees of awesomeness. I would give this hotel a 5 on the awesomeness, but a 10 on the location, therefore bumping its overall score to right awesome. We have just moved to Khoasan Road, you may have heard of it, it is considered the big tourist district of Bangkok. It's so cooooool. The whole road just has a really fun vibe. Everywhere you look the streets are packed with vendors selling food and jewelry and clothes and tattoo and massages...really anything you could ever possibly need is right here on Khoasan. Oh. And bars. There are lots and lots of bars. Which is fun. Lots of fun. We wandered around the whole ared yesterday and again we were wide eyed at all the different things to see. It made me fall in love with Thailand a little bit more. To tell you the truth I was getting a little bit sick of Bangkok but I could happily kick around Khoasan road for a couple of days.  



Another hotel. This one has a suit store conveniently located in it, which allows the owner to conveniently harass us to buy a suit every single time we walk by. Not a hundred percent sure why I would need a fake Armani suit...

Like I said, you can literally buy anything here. Is anyone looking for a fake drivers license? Or a fake university degree? Let me know. They are very affordable.



This guy makes little tuk-tuks out of coke and beer cans. One of the more impressive things I've seen here.




This is a spirit tree. Even in the middle of Bangkok people are still so true to their Buddhist religion and beliefs. Pretty cool to see them offering gifts to spirits the believe reside in this tree.



The restaurants in this area are sooo pretty! I think they are just trying to really sell westerners a fake image of Thailand but it's really fun.



I said look at each other lovingly...and this is what I get.


4 people 1 tuk-tuk. Near death experience for the person who got shafted and had to sit on the edge. Oh wait. That was me.


Little fun on the rooftop looking over the city. 


Khoasan road at night.


This is my friend Michael. I like him a lot. He is really fun. We are having fun.



Who doesn't a nice little fried octopus on a Wednesday night?


In a split second it started pouring. Within 44 more seconds the whole street had packed up and found cover. I have never seen anything run that smoothly in my life. Race coordinators should take a lesson from street vendors in Thailand on how to get 'er done. We were only outside for like 7 seconds. We got all wet and stuff. I know I know. That's what she said.


And now I am blogging from our rooftop garden. It just started pouring again. And it doesn't look like it's going to let up. The flood are supposed to hit Bangkok today so we will see how she goes. That's all for now. Mick and I are going to watch community and wait out the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment